Thursday 8 May 2014

CAML Query on Multiple Look Up Value Field


It was undiscovered to me that what will be the value type of a multiple value look up field in a SharePoint list. To resolve this issue, I have created a SharePoint list in my local environment as shown in the figure below:


Then I created a look up type field in the newly created custom list as shown in the figure below:


With the list item is populated the list item looks like the screenshots below:


Then I have used CAML Query Designer to obtain the query and observed the Value Type of the multiple value look up field as shown in the below query:


So, the value type of the multiple value look up field is discovered now. And the value type is 'LookupMulti' .

That's it.  Happy SharePointing.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sarah. Your feedback will inspire me more to write more article in future

    ReplyDelete